Loading...

Female Gamers I'm sitting in a mall.. Waiting for a coffee.. Now I don't know about you but I am an avid people watcher.. I love s...

Female Gamers

I'm sitting in a mall.. Waiting for a coffee.. Now I don't know about you but I am an avid people watcher.. I love seeing the world pass me by.. Creating little background stories for the people that pass... Opposite the coffee shop is an EB games store.. Behind the counter is a thirty something bloke and a 20 something lady.. She kinda pretty.. After watching many different people come and go I found it interesting the amount of people who ignored the young female worker to speak to the older guy.. This got me thinking about female gamers and how annoying it must be having to deal with the wider gaming community.. I always hear people bagging out woman gamers about how they are inferior to guys... Or worst.. every guy wants to bang them.. They only wanna play games!! I know heaps of good female gamers who get really pissed by the actions of others.. Not all female gamers only play Nintendo DS.. Or some kind of hair style simulator... So basically instead of bagging out female gamers or undermining them just enjoy shooting them with an Ak47 or ripping there heads off with a +50 Atk battle axe... Games are for everyone...
So lady if you are reading this or  work in a game retail shop I'd be interested to hear you views on the subject...






@laurencehead1

- Loz

Post a Comment

  1. I was working in GAME over christmas a few years ago and some older gentleman came over and started asking me about CoD, I answered his question correctly - he then started getting angry telling me I was chatting rubbish, swearing at me and asked for a man. One of my male colleagues came over and answered this questions - word for word what I said and the man happily took his answer walked away, only to swear at me again.
    The funny thing was when it came to PC gaming, I knew more than everyone in the shop yet people would ignore me and go straight over the guys, I really don't understand it!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Latest Podcast

Twitter

FGN YouTube